PREAMBULAR SEMINAR / 3 faces of Trimukhi
During five days Trimukhi's guests, some university professors, some stage artists, some social activists from India, France and Mexico met in Kolkata and discussed together about social action, artistic creation and academic research. Indian women from tribal, rural and city unprivileged back ground also participated to the encounter by giving testimonies and making the discussions more concrete. This internal seminar was the start point for the legal creation of Trimukhi Platform as a Bengali non-profit organisation.
The seminar took place in Kolkata from 7th to 14th January 2011. The first three days, Trimukhi's guests were visiting parts of the city of Kolkata and meeting minorities groups and the Santal village of Borotalpada in West Mindnapur District. Then conferences and discussions started: from 10th January tiil 14th January 201, daily.
Participants were: Sukla Bar Chevallier and Jean-Frédéric Chevallier from Trimukhi Platform (Kolkata), Damayanti Lahiri from Modern Academy of Continuing Education (Kolkata) , Léo Jalais from Howrah South Point (Kokata), Laurent Fournier from Architecture Bengali Group (Kolkata), Tania Barberan from Mexico Corporation University (Mexico City), Beatriz Vaca Dominguez from French Agency of Development (Mexico City), Yadir Sanchez from Web-radio (Mexico City). Phalguni Hansda (Santal Village of Borotalpada), Mallika Biswas and Shyonee Mitra (both from Calcutta) participated also by giving concrete testimonies.
Extracts of the talks
EDUCATION (Tania Barberan) 15 minutes
SOCIAL WORK (Jean-Frédéric Chevallier & Sukla Bar Chevallier) 3 minutes
THEORETICAL RESEARCH (Jean-Frédéric Chevallier) 6 minutes
UNIQUENESS (Sukla Bar Chevallier) 9 minutes10th January. 15:00 – 19:00 MACE – Introduction: arts, theoretical research and social work
11th January. 10:30 – 18:00 TRIMUKHI OFFICE – What is a link (relation) about?
- Trimukhi Platform dynamics (Jean-Frédéric Chevallier)
- The Indian context (Léo Jalais)
- Dynamics in context (Sukla Bar Chevallier)
- Chiapas: Collective construction of wisdom (Tania Barberan)
- Three relations where 1 + 1 = 3 (Jean-Frédéric Chevallier)
- Change of relation set-up during Durga Puja (Laurent Fournier)
- Telling stories threw relations between pictures (T. Barberan)
- When relations change? (Mallika Biswas)
- Links in movement in a Santal Village (Falguni Hansda)
- A relation above the work (Debajani and Sania)
- Conclusion of the day (Beatriz Vaca)
12th January. 15:00 – 19:00 MACE – Minorities, singularities and uniqueness
- Remembering the first two days (Tania Barberan)
- A minority: women, Christian and "poor" (Mallika Biswas)
- Uniqueness (Sukla Bar Chevallier)
- Tribal singularities (Falguni Hansda)
- Making an artistic work a long lasting action (Beatriz Vaca)
- Conclusion of the day (Tania Barberan)
13th January. 13:00 – 17:00 OLYPUB – Desire, multiplicities and financial capitalism
14th January. 15:00 – 19:00 MACE – What sort of concreats projects for Trimukhi?
- Addda session (Sukla Bar Chevallier, Tania Barberan, Jean-Frédéric Chevallier, Falguni Hansda)
- Conclusions session (Sukla Bar Chevallier, Tania Barberan, Somasree Basu, Arup Batacharia, Mallika Biswas, Jean-Frédéric Chevallier, Falguni Hansda, Damayanti Lahiri, Shyonee Mitra, Girish Soren)
OTHER ACTIVITIES6th January – Diner for Welcome7th January– Visit of Kolkata and talks with minorities groups8th/ 9th January – Visit of Borotalapada Santhal Village11th January– Mexican diner12th January– Music Festival at Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture13th January – Film "Moner Manush" at Nandan14th January – Last supper at Trimukhi Office
Tania Barberán Autonomous University of Mexico CitySukla Bar Chevallier is a social worker. She is co-founder of Trimukhi Platform.Mallika Biswas is primary school teacher at Berampur, in the south part of Calcutta.Jean-Frédéric Chevallier is theatre director and philosopher. He is co-founder of Trimukhi Platform.Laurent Fournier is architect and based in Calcutta. He is specialised in vernacular architecture.Falguni Hansda is from Borotalpada Santhal village. Mother of three children, she works in the field as daily worker and as cook in the local primary school kitchen.Léo Jalais is a social worker. Settling in India for more than forty years, he was director of L'Arche Calcutta.Damayanti Lahiri is administrator of Modern Academy of Continuing Education in Calcutta.Shyonee Mitra is student at Netaji Subhas Open University. She is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Sociology.Yadir Sanchez is documentalist and photographer. He had a Master Degree in Political Science from Science-Po Paris. He lives in Mexico City.Girish Soren is from Anlakara Santhal village. Bachelor in Arts, he is collaborating with Jean-Frédéric and Sukla Bar Chevallier since 2008, as assistant director.Beatriz Vaca Domínguez is project manager at the French Agency of Development, responsible for executive management and financing of social and environmental programs in Mexico.
Tags: jean-frédéric chevallier, sukla bar, trimukhi platform, tania barberan, beatriz vaca